RSU 50 board to meet on May 14
DYER BROOK, Maine — The RSU 50 board of directors will hold a regular meeting Monday, May 14, at 6:30 p.m. at the Southern Aroostook Community School.
The agenda is as follows.
- Call the Meeting to Order and Flag Salute
- The Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of the April 9, 2018 and the Special Board
meeting of April 26, 2018 will be considered.
- Time Period to Hear from Citizens
- Adjustment(s) to the Agenda:
Committee Reports –
Building & Grounds
Special Services Director:
- Announcement of Appointments, Resignations and Retirements: Rebecca Taylor, grade 5 teacher at SACS, has announced her intent to retire at the end of the current school year.
- First Reading of Policies: None
- Second Reading/Review/Adoption of Policies: GBEC – Drug Free Workplace
- Other Business – Old/New
- Nomination of Probationary and Continuing Contracts – RSU 50 Teaching
- For Year 2 Probationary Contract: Meagan Brooks, Kimberly Mann, Marina Cameron, Maggie McNally, Cynthia Cronin, Patricia Sponheimer, Brian Dougeneck
- For Year 3 Probationary Contract: Debra Guiod, Kyle Quarles, Dylan Harris, Kala Rush, Paul Sherman.
iii. For Continuing Contract: Thomas Gregg, Daphne Nason, Tim Thoreson, Diane White
- Motion to approve the nomination by the Superintendent for the following
annual employees to be placed under contract for FY19:
Administration: Jon Porter, Principal at SACS
Central Office: Elaine Small, Holly Vining at SACS
Special Education: Lynn Rush
Guidance: Korinne Brannen and Jessica Walker at SACS
Technology: Thomas Small and Todd Kuindersma
Maintenance, Transportation & Building & Grounds: Robert Betschner and Dale Pratt
- Motion to approve the nomination by the Superintendent for Kristen
Fitzherbert to be issued a probationary contract for teaching 7-12 science at SACS for FY19:
- Request for an unpaid leave of absence from Jarice Gould beginning
November 9, 2018 to year end.
- Compliance with Federal Guidelines
- Authorize the Superintendent to hire professional staff during the months of June,
July and August, 2018.
- Signing of the Warrants and Amounts Adopted for the FY-19 RSU #50 Budget
meeting to be held May 31, 2018 at Southern Aroostook Community School at 7:00 p.m. and the Budget Validation Referendum to be held on June 12, 2018 at local polling locations.
- Future Agenda Item(s)
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
Region 2 Meeting – May 15, 2018 @ 6:00 p.m. Houlton
District Budget Meeting – May 31, 2018 @ 7:00 p.m. at Southern Aroostook Community School
Building & Grounds Meeting – June 7, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m. KES
Finance Comm. – June, 11 2018 @ 5:30 p.m. KES
Regular Board Meeting – June 11, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m. KES
Budget Referendum – June 12, 2018 at Local Polls
Region 2 Meeting – June 12, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Houlton
Board Meeting to Validate Voting Results – June 14, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. SACS