Maine Potato Board seeks Young Farmer nominations
PRESQUE ISLE, Maine — The Maine Potato Board is looking for nominations for the 2019 Young Farmer of the Year award.
The nominee for Young Farmer should be:
- Forty years of age or younger
- Have outstanding farming practices
- Show growth and advancements in their farming operation
- Leadership within the industry
- Involvement in Maine Potato Board activities.
- Willingness to explore new methods, technologies, and advancements in the potato industry.
- Participation in the local community, church, and other civic groups.
The recipient of this award will attend the Potato Industry Leadership Institute and be honored at the MPB Annual Meeting in July.
To make a nomination please email: Jeannie Tapley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Maine Potato Board at 769-5061. All nominations must be received in the Maine Potato Board office on or before September 7, 2018.