RSU 50 board plans Oct. 9 meeting
DYER BROOK, Maine — The board of directors of RSU 50 will hold their regular board meeting Tuesday, Oct. 9, at 6:30 p.m. at Southern Aroostook Community School.
The agenda follows.
- Call the Meeting to Order and Flag Salute:
- Approval of the Minutes:
Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of Sept. 10, 2018.
- Time Period to Hear from Citizens:
- Adjustment(s) to the Agenda: At this time – Shannon Mathers will share a brief presentation of the After School Program.
- Board Chair:
- Board Vice-Chair:
- Committee Reports
- Building & Grounds
- Region II
- Special Services Coordinator:
- Business Manager:
- Announcement of Appointments:
Co-Curricular Appointments: Mackenzie York, Grade 10 Grade Class Advisor
- First Reading of Policies: None
- The following policy will be considered for a Second Reading/Adoption: JJIA: Co-Curricular/Extra-Curricular Activities Participation
- Other Business – Old/New
- Buildings and Grounds/Director of Facilities Position – Job Description
- Nomination by the Superintendent of a candidate to fill the position which will become vacant when Dale Pratt retires at the end of December, 2018.
- Identification of other Building Needs/Capital Improvement
- Discuss the proposed change to MSBA Delegate Assembly
Building Update/Tour of Building (tour to follow tonight’s meeting)
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Fall Superintendents’Meeting – Oct. 24 Augusta
- Fall Conference – Oct. 25 & 26 Augusta
- Education Committee – Wed. Nov.8 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Policy Meeting – Tues. Nov. 13 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Finance Committee – Tues. Nov. 13 @ 6:00 p.m.
- Regular Board Meeting – Tues. Nov. 13 @ 6:30 p.m.
- Region II Board Meeting – Tues. Nov. 14 @ 6:00 p.m. Region II
- Building and Grounds Comm. – Thurs. Dec.6 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Future Agenda Items