Top Stories

Cooking fire destroys Littleton home

LITTLETON, Maine — A cooking fire on the evening of Dec. 30 destroyed a Littleton home.

Fire Chief Dwight Cowperthwaite said Tuesday that Skyler Jones, a tenant at the home at 176 Carson Road, was cooking when a grease fire erupted shortly after 7 p.m.

Flames spread throughout the kitchen of the mobile home and into the interior of the living room, and also ignited a portion of the roof.

Cowperthwaite said members of the Littleton Fire Department received mutual aid from the Monticello Fire Department, with firefighters leaving the scene a little more than two hours after arriving. Twenty firefighters assisted in knocking down the blaze, he said.

The home “received heavy smoke damage throughout,” he said. “The home is still standing, but I would consider it a total loss just due to that.”

Jones has three children under 6 years old, he said. No one was injured as a result of the fire.

Get the Rest of the Story

Thank you for reading your 4 free articles this month. To continue reading, and support local, rural journalism, please subscribe.