Fire damages Gove residence

Kathy McCarty, Special to The County
17 years ago

    PRESQUE ISLE, Maine – An early-morning fire June 11 caused minimal damage to the Jordan Street home of Bonnie Gove.
    “The fire was reported at approximately 4:50 a.m. on Monday, June 11. Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to a bathroom in the home,” said Deputy Chief Rich Wark, of the Presque Isle Fire Department.
Three units and 19 firefighters responded to the scene. Crews cleared the scene by 6:15 a.m.
According to Wark, the fire remains under investigation.
“The fire caused mostly smoke damage to the home, although one bathroom was completely destroyed,” said Wark.
Wark wasn’t sure if the home was insured. No injuries resulted from the fire.