Maine State Police Troop F Report, Aug. 5-11, 2019

4 years ago

Editor’s Note: An arrest or summons does not constitute a finding of guilt. An individual charged with a crime is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty at criminal proceedings.

HOULTON, Maine — The Maine State Police Troop F barracks in Houlton responded to a number of calls for service during the period of Aug. 5-11, including the following.

Monday, Aug. 5

MAPLETON: Trooper Martin received a report of a motor vehicle theft from a residence in Mapleton.  The man called reporting that a female acquaintance took his vehicle and his cell phone. Tr. Martin responded to the area but did not locate the vehicle.  Tr. Martin took statements and is looking for the female and the truck. The following morning, the Caribou Police Department located the vehicle and had it towed.  Tr. Martin continues to work on this case. 

Tuesday, Aug. 6

MONTICELLO: Tr. Kilcollins investigated a suspicious incident that occurred in Monticello.  A woman reported two men stopped at her house in a Vermont registered vehicle claiming to be from Coast to Coast Foods.  They asked if she was interested in their service and she said no. As one man got back into the vehicle, the home owner heard him tell his partner she had a watch dog.  The two men left the area. Tr. Kilcollins searched the area but was not able to locate the described vehicle.

Thursday, Aug. 8

MAPLETON: Tr. Levesque responded to a motor vehicle crash in Mapleton.  The caller stated that the female appeared to be intoxicated and was trying to drive the car out of the ditch.  Tr Levesque arrived on scene and found the female to have been operating under the influence of drugs. Tr Levesque transported her to the Presque Isle Police Department, where a DRE officer completed the testing. 

Sunday, Aug. 11

HOULTON: Tr. Sylvia and Tr.  Casavant’s family ran in the Aaron Henderson 5K Memorial Run in Houlton.   

St. AGATHA: Tr. Martin was conducting traffic enforcement in St. Agatha.  He observed a vehicle speeding and conducted a traffic stop. Further investigation revealed the driver was impaired.  After conducting field sobriety testing, the driver was arrested for operating under the influence. The vehicle was towed from the roadway and the driver posted bail and was released.