Gideon attends Can-Am, hosts Supper with Sara in Presque Isle
FORT KENT and PRESQUE ISLE, Maine — U.S. Senate candidate Sara Gideon attended the Can-Am Crown International Sled Dog Races on Feb. 29 in Fort Kent and hosted a “Supper with Sara” in Presque Isle on Feb. 28 to meet with voters and hear their concerns for the state.
At the Can-Am sled dog races, Gideon helped kick off the races and met with spectators at the event to introduce herself and answer their questions about her candidacy.
At the Supper with Sara event in Presque Isle, Gideon shared her campaign priorities with over 70 voters and discussed how she will represent Maine in the U.S. Senate. She spoke about her commitment to protecting and expanding access to affordable health care for all Mainers, reducing the price of prescription drugs, and creating an economy that works for everyone.
Gideon took questions from the audience about expanding economic opportunity in The County and rural parts of the state, combating the opioid epidemic and passing meaningful campaign finance reform in Washington.
This was Gideon’s 18th “Supper with Sara” event, and she has held similar events in recent weeks in Skowhegan, Damariscotta, Harrington, Gardiner and Sabattus.
Guidelines for inclusion in Campaign Corner
This space on our website is reserved for:
- Campaign events, staffing announcements, etc.
- Statements from the candidate on his/her views.
- Informative items about national candidates of County interest.
- No attacks against other candidates will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to edit for clarity, grammar and libelous content, and to limit frequency.
- The viewpoints expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Bangor Publishing.