Sportsman’s Alliance endorses Collins
AUGUSTA, Maine — The Sportsman’s Alliance of Maine’s Institute for Legislative Action on Sept. 9 announced that Senator Susan Collins has received its highest grade and that it is endorsing her reelection.
David Trahan, executive director of the organization, said, “Our board was incredibly impressed with her terrific conservation record, her reasonable position on firearms and the Second Amendment.”
“It’s truly an honor to receive the endorsement from Maine’s largest sportsman’s organization,” said Collins. “In recent times, it has become all too common for people to draw a line in the sand on important policy issues. SAM, on the other hand, always comes to the table, resulting in stronger laws and protections for their membership and the people of Maine.”
Guidelines for inclusion in Campaign Corner
This space on our website is reserved for:
- Campaign events, staffing announcements, etc.
- Statements from the candidate on his/her views.
- Informative items about national candidates of County interest.
- No attacks against other candidates will be accepted.
- We reserve the right to edit for clarity, grammar and libelous content, and to limit frequency.
- The viewpoints expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of Bangor Publishing.