RSU 50 board meets Monday, July 9
DYER BROOK, Maine — The school directors of RSU 50 will meet Monday, July 9, at 6:15 p.m. at the Southern Aroostook Community School.
The agenda follows.
The board will honor Shasta Fox, who has announced her retirement as an elementary teacher from SACS, at 6:15 p.m.
- Call the meeting to order and declare a quorum; flag salute
- Approval of Minutes of the Regular Board Meeting of June 14, 2018.
- Time Period to Hear from Citizens:
- Adjustment(s) to the Agenda
- Board Chair:
- Committee Reports – Building & Grounds: Education: Finance: Negotiations: Policy:
- Special Services Director:
- Business Manager:
- Announcement of Appointments and Resignations for 2018-2019:
Resignation from Shasta Fox, grade three teacher at SACS.
Teacher transfers at SACS: Heather Swallow from high school math to teach grade 3
Co-Curricular Appointments: Tony Casey – Choral Director
- Other Business – Old/New
- Report on ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act) Comprehensive Needs Assessment and Consolidated Plan.
- Discussion of committee appointments
- Future Agenda Item(s)
Election of officers
Bids for FY18
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
Policy Committee Cancelled for July
Building & Grounds Committee TBA
Finance Comm. August 13, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m.
Regular Board Meeting August 13, 2018 @ 6:30 p.m.
Region II Board August 21, 2018 @ 6:00 p.m. – Houlton
Policy Committee August 27, 2018 @ 5:30 p.m. KES
- Executive Session
- Executive Session under 1 M.R.S.A. $ 405 (6)(A) to discuss personnel matters.
- Executive Session under 1 M.R.S.A. $ 405 (6)(A) to discuss a personnel matter.